Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Guess Who?

My ears aren’t focused on coaches advice yet in my crazy mind I know what he was saying. When I hear the roaring however disruptive, crowd I put on my headphones to focus. I hear my name from the speaker and nervously walk out of my changing room, and immediately saw my competition. I was amazed at how they looked, so athletic and strong but coach pinched me and told me to focus. I stood on my diving board eager to get in the water. The crowd went silent, then BANG!! I dived into what felt like the north poles wintery water, except I don’t feel cold, I feel good. I can’t even hear the crowd. I see that I’m coming second but that’s not good enough for me so I blast my arms and kick my legs all the way to the end. I did it! My heart soared like an eagle and my pride grew like a plant. I sighed a breath of relief. Coach congratulated me and gave me a hug. I thanked him and congratulated the other competitors. What an incredible race.

MichAEl phelps- Olympic gold medalist

By jobi Palalagi


No comments:

Post a Comment